Wednesday, March 11, 2020

FB Karlos Santos, A veranda rocket stove plan

https://www.facebook.com/groups/502734133080025/permalink/3069270489759697/?sfnsn=mo



"Hi all,

Thank you for adding me to the group.

I'd like some feedback on the drawing I have attached please.

I have been researching for some time and I finally came across a video series by an older English gent and I really like his design. Though his is larger than what I'm planning and his is more permanent than what I'm making.

I want to create a warm spot where we sit on the back verandah and if it gets hot enough, a place to heat up some food whilst we're out there would be a bonus. I simply want to be able to throw some wood in, hear the crackle and stand near it for warmth in winter whilst having a drink with friends.

I've got my hands on some steel to make the rocket stove. It's 90mmx90mm box tubing at 4mm thick. This is what I have and I know I'll get some "don't use steel" comments, but I'm going to go ahead with this using steel as it's a learning experience and it's my available resource.

I'm building this little mid sized rocket setup for my back, partially enclosed verandah. There is a LOT of fresh air here as well as gaps in the hardwood floor so I'm not concerned about health issues with co2 etc. There is plenty of air.

With the above info on my use case, my mostly outdoor location and my materials available what do you think of the drawing / plan I've attached? It's heavily based on the English gent's you tube channel but slightly changed for my needs.

Thanks so much, I look forward to hearing your thoughts."

No comments:

Post a Comment